About this blog

Just having a bit of fun here, posting about walks and other stuff. I need to get out more.

Thursday 2 June 2011

TGO Challenge 2011 Summary

Well, the dust has settled on the 2011 TGO Challenge event.
It proved to be quite an eventful one this year mainly due to the unsavoury weather conditions and may well go down as the wettest and roughest conditions since the event began,
It was certainly the most challenging of my 5 crossings to date and due to the conditions, the route I walked bore hardly any resemblance to the grand high level route that I had spent hours planning over the winter months.
Great credit to all the first timers that made it across this year, and sympathy to those who had to pull out.for whatever reason.
I must admit, that option did seriously cross my mind on at least one occasion! I am glad I stuck it out though as I have many good memories to go alongside the bad ones. As time passes the former will become the lasting memories and no doubt, when October comes around I will be eagerly filling in the application form for next year....it's just that kind of event which keeps you wanting more.

I will eventually post an account of the walk, but in the meantime there are a few photos at the bottom of the page in a slide show format which does not appear to work too well... The best way to view them is to click on "Select all" then click on "view as a slide show" in Photobucket.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave - I can't see the photos...
    :-(
    Looking forward to them
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave - hope you can post the photos soon. I was a 1st timer and smashed my camera on day 2 whilst slipping and sliding through bogs in foul weather so don't have much to look back on (except superb company and sense f achievement)

    ReplyDelete